Karen L. Argetsinger
Karen Argetsinger is a mediator and collaborative attorney concentrating her practice in Family, Probate, Health, Employment and Elder Law. Karen has had over eighteen years of legal background which included law firm experience at Hale and Dorr, LLP (currently Wilmer Hale) and Warner & Stackpole, LLP (currently Kirpatrick & Lockhart, LLP) along with experience as a law clerk and independent consultant. She was a judicial intern for over a year with the United States District Court Magistrate Honorable Judith Dein.
- J.D., Massachusetts School of Law
- B.S., Tulane University
Associations and Memberships:
- Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council
- Women’s Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Women’s Lawyers Network
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Karen has a special interest in child advocacy and health policy and has worked to establish the John E. Lewy Foundation for Children’s Health (subsidiary of American Society of Pediatric Nephrology), currently serves on the Board of Directors, and assists the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Virginia Children’s Hospital with health/legal issues and creating guidelines
- Recently collaborated on an article with Medical-Legal Partnership / Boston: “Law Firm Adoptions of Community Health Clinics: Extending the Research of Medical-Legal.”
- State Court of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts.
“Client relationships are what is important. Being responsive, diligent and prepared as a tough advocate is the goal. The culmination of my years in the legal field allow for my ability to negotiate, take preventive steps to protect, provide advice and educate clients through the obstacles.”